About NT Scan
- Nuchal translucency represents a small collection of fluid in the back of the baby neck.
- It is measured at 11weeks 2days to 14weeks 1day of age or when the baby measures 48mm to 84mm.
- It is offered to all pregnant mothers as a screening test to identify babies with chromosomal anomalies.
- It has an accuracy rate of >75%.
- It may be combined with other blood tests – free beta HCG and PAPP-A for better accuracy – >90%.
- Although it was initially advised only for high-risk pregnancies, the benefit of the scan far outweighs the cost and therefore most pregnant mothers are advised to get this scan done.
- The scan is usually done by tras-abdominal route – the probe is placed on the abdomen. However, in few patients who are fatty trans-vaginal route may be preferred where a high-resolution probe is inserted.
- If the scan is positive you may be asked to have invasive testing to analyze the chromosomes of the fetus.
The advantage is that:
- Early pick up of abnormality so pregnancy can be terminated.
- Accurate dating of the pregnancy
Getting Started is Easy
Have a Chat With Us
Chat with us anytime between 9 AM and 8.30 PM
After having a chat or after going through the website, feel free to Book an Appointment.
Come visit our website as per your scheduled appointment or you can directly walk-in for a consultation.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
+91 77990 14714
Ground Floor, 7-1-220/46,
Sravya D Estates, Balkampet,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500016
Karuna Scan Center and
Nursing Home, Tanuku,
West Godavari Dist, AP – 534211.